MA. ELIZA S. TORRES
Chairperson, Department of Arts and Letters
Master of Arts in Education major in Values Education, University of Asia and the Pacific
Bachelor of Arts in Communication major in Communication Research, University of the Philippines, Diliman
PHONE: +63 (02) 24211; +63 (02) 2475000 local 1412
ACADEMIC PAPERS and PUBLICATIONS
- The teacher as an agent of a culture of excellence (sole author, Best Master’s Thesis, MA in Education, University of Asia and the Pacific, unpublished, 1994).
- Thirty Years of MFI: Excellence in Education and Service – a coffee table book, sole author, 2004.
- Exploring Research - standard textbook for English 11 in Mapúa Institute of Technology, Head Writer, 2008.
- English for Academic Studies 1, English for Academic Studies 2, English for Academic Studies 3 - standard textbooks for English 1-3 in Malayan Colleges Laguna, Head Writer, 2008.
- English Plus - the standard textbook for Mapúa’s bridging course, Head Writer, 2009.
- The perception and attitude of sophomore students of Pangasinan State University towards the RH and Divorce bills (main author, a Ph. D. course requirement in Communication Research, unpublished, 2011).
- Going Green in UP Diliman: An Environmental Competence Survey for the UP Shopping Center (main author, unpublished, part of a bigger UP research endeavor on Environmental Commitment (main author, a Ph.D. course requirement in Quantitative Methods, unpublished, 2013).
- Social media and youth engagement: Can we win the battle against apathy? Published in the SLHS Journal in 2014 (sole author).
- Social Media Use of Filipino College Students and their Engagement in Participatory Politics Concerning Marriage and Family (sole author, Ph.D. course requirement in Independent Studies, unpublished, 2014; presented in the International Conference on Media, Communication, Culture, and the Dynamics of Change organized by the Asian Congress for Media and Communication, held on 13-15 November, 2014 at the City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong).
- Promoting transparency in governance through information and communication technology (ICT): The experience of Olongapo City (main author, published in PCS Review December 2015 by the Philippines Communication Society).
- The Reproductive Health (RH) Bill and the framing of the population issue by the pro-life and pro-choice advocates: Are these two sides of the same coin? (sole author, a Ph.D. course requirement in Political Sociology, unpublished, 2015).
- Ang Kabataang Pilipinong Milenyal bilang Tagapagdala ng Kultura: Ang kanilang mga kaalaman at pananaw ukol sa halagahing Pilipino (sole author, a Ph.D. course requirement in Sikolohiyang Pilipino, unpublished, 2016).
- The new media and good governance: Luhmann’s structural coupling at work (sole author, a Ph.D. course requirement in Communication Technology, unpublished, 2016).
- Independent Philippines: A Force in the region, a force in the world. A proposed strategic plan for the Philippine foreign policy (main author, a Ph.D. course requirement in Strategic Communication, unpublished, 2016).
- Reliance on Facebook for news and its influence on political engagement, co-author, unpublished, 2016.
- Theorizing the Filipino communication environment and the 100 days of the Duterte Administration: A qualitative analysis of perceived behavioral changes in select sectors of Philippine society (co-author; Ph.D. course requirement in Seminar of the Philippine Communication Environment, unpublished, 2017).
- Political Communication
- Health Communication
- Technical and Science Communication
- KAP studies
- Social Media and New Media
- Family Communication
- Filipino Communicative Behavior
- Strategic Communication
- Communication Research
- Ethics, English Language Teaching and Assessment
- Outcome-Based Education